Masdar is a renewable energy establishment based in Abu Dhabi, the capital of United Arab Emirates. Masdar’s mission is to invest in clean technology and renewable energy in Abu Dhabi and around the globe for social and financial benefits. Masdar is an integral part of Abu Dhabi’s efforts to expand its economy beyond the production of oil. Masdar also has an independent research university, the Masdar Institute of Science and Technology that complements their mission in clean and renewable energy.
Masdar was founded in 20016 as a subsidiary of the Mubadala Development Company PJSC in Abu Dhabi. Mubadala Investment Company is an Abu Dhabi Government company that holds complete ownership of the Masdar City.
There are three business units under the Masdar company:
- Masdar City
- Masdar Capital
- Masdar Clean Energy
Advantages of establishing a company in Masdar Free Zone
Masdar City offers various benefits for entities, they include:
- 100% ownership of the company
- Personal income tax exemption
- Import and export duties are exempted
- Exemption from other taxes
- Easy transfer of profits and capital
- Modern, Well-rounded infrastructure
- Robust framework of intellectual property protection.
- Leasing prices are competitive
- Proximity to Khalifa City, Yas Island, Abu Dhabi International Airport, and 40 minutes away from Dubai.
- No foreign currency restrictions
- Research and development hub affiliation with Masdar Institute.
- Cost-effective office space and licensing.
Strategically located at the crossways of the Middle East and Asian markets, with a robust and global transport and logistics network, Masdar City provides firms with a one-stop platform for commencing business.
Masdar City has a varied span of business categories for which a license may be issued. The segments of businesses where license applications are accepted include:
- Clean Tech & ICT
- Renewable Energy
- Service Providers
- Human Resources Development
- Healthcare Services
- Community Services (Beverage, food and retail outlets), Oil and Gas Services
- Marketing and Events
- Property Development Services
- Energy Industry
- Regional Head Quarters, Holding and Trading Companies
- Business Centre and Data Centres