Dubai South is an evolving 145 sq. km. strategically planned city in Dubai, United Arab Emirates. It is proposed to be an economic zone to aid numerous activities including aviation logistics, residential, exhibition, humanitarian, commercial, and other related businesses around Al Maktoum International Airport with the planned annual capacity of 12 million tonnes of cargo and 160 million passengers.
Identified as Dubai’s flagship urban project, Dubai South is centred on the vision of His Highness Sheikh Mohammed bin Rashid Al Maktoum, Vice President and Prime Minister of the UAE and Ruler of Dubai. The royal vision is reflected in the themes of Dubai Plan 2021, which apply to Dubai South as follows.
- To become a city of happy, creative and empowered people
- To become the preferred place to live, work and invest
- To create an inclusive and cohesive society
- To build a smart and sustainable city
- To become a pivotal hub in the global economy
Dubai South is projected to sustain a population of a million. As an economic platform, it is designed to support every conceivable kind of business and industry and create 500,000 jobs.
It is home to the world’s largest airport in the making – the Al Maktoum International Airport – and is host landmark events such as World Expo 2020 and the Dubai Airshow.
Launched as a Government of Dubai project in 2006, Dubai South is easily accessed from downtown Dubai and Abu Dhabi.
Steps to Dubai South Company Formation
- Pre-Qualification application
At this stage, the following will have to be provided:
- Type of unit
- Contact details
- Type of company
- Initial set-up fee
- Description of business
- Three choices can be made for deciding on a company name
- Information on the share capital
- Unit information
- Activities performed by the company
- Information about your parent company
- Shareholder appointment (required only for LLC)
- General Manager will be required to appoint for both Branch and LLC firms
- Appoint Director/Chairperson and secretary information (solely for LLC)
- Upload a few documents as instructed