Umm Al Quwain Free Trade Zone (UAQ FTZ) is a Free Zone located in the United Arab Emirates, recently established in 2014 to provide the necessary infrastructure for a flourishing business environment in Umm Al Quwain. UAQ Free Zone is situated close to the country’s primary airports including Sharjah International Airport and Dubai International Airport, and seaports. UAQ FTZ has led to substantial industrial developments in Umm Al Quwain by attracting a significant number of businesses to benefit from the investment privileges, thus strengthening industry and trade, and the financial sector in the UAE.
Umm Al Quwain Free Zone provides competitive amenities and privileges allowing establishments to acquire a substantial return on their investment.
Advantages of UAQ FTZ Company Formation
There are several benefits in setting up a Free Zone in Umm Al Quwain:
- 100% foreign ownership – Emirati partner is not required
- 100% ownership of the company
- Personal income tax exemption
- Import and export duties are exempted
- Low-cost labour
- Exemption from other taxes
- Easy transfer of profits and capital
- Well-rounded infrastructure
- Leasing prices are competitive
- No auditing required
- No foreign currency restrictions
- Special concessions at the UAQ seaport
- Strategic location
- Hiring foreign employees are not restricted
- Modern facilities including warehouse, office, and land availability
UAQ FTZ can be formed in a few easy steps
- Decide on the license
Choose which license applies to the business from the types of licenses mentioned above.
- Decide on the type of entity
There are three types of entities to choose from when forming a UAQ FTZ
- Free Zone Establishment (FZE) – Suitable for a single shareholder
- Free Zone Company (FZC) – A minimum of two and a maximum of fifty shareholders
- Branch Company
- Choose the required amenities
There are a variety of warehouses, land and offices suitable for the business to choose from.
- Submit the required Documents
The applicable documents will have to be submitted to proceed with the company formation process.
- Complete the Payment
An invoice will be received upon submission of the required documents.
- Receive Trade License
The entity will receive the license from the UAQ FTZ Authority after the payment is made. The business is ready to commence its operations as soon as the license is obtained.